Getting to the Root: Root Chakra Healing Tattoo

I have been wearing this amazing Root Chakra Healing Tattoo for about 5 days now.  I wanted to wear it until it started to fade on it's own without me taking it off.  The tattoo was very easy to apply.  I simply wet it and placed it where I wanted it on my skin and let it sit for a few moments before I removed it to see if it adhered to the skin.

It did not irritate my skin at all.  I practically forgot I was wearing it!  It did not come off easily either from bathing or rubbing against my clothes like I thought it may.  I also thought that my waist-beads my cause the tattoo to wear off sooner but it did not seem to affect it.  Over the durability of the first tattoo was great.

Before I started this, I wanted to know if any of my chakras were out of balance.  So I took a free test that I found online that gives a series of questions that helps to see what areas are either balanced, over-active, under-active, or blocked.  My root chakra is actually under-active so I knew this was an area I needed to really focus on bringing into balance.  Before I get into my experience with this healing tattoo, I wanted to give you some information on what the Root Chakra deals with.

The Root Chakra

The Root Chakra influences your physical vitality, physical survival instincts, “fight or flight” response, and the emotions of anger, jealousy, desire and greed. The Muladhara or Root Chakra governs the lessons of surviving the material world. This Chakra holds information involving family loyalty, superstitions and beliefs, and your ability to stand up for yourself; your sense of safety, self esteem, and security are based here. The Root Chakra controls the energy of instincts, physical pain, pleasure, and touch. Imbalance in the Muladhara may manifest as losing interest in survival in the “real world”, physical addictions and obsessions, selfishness, restlessness, volatile emotions and a lack of vitality.

The “Muladhara” is situated at the root of the spine. It is the Chakra closest to the Earth, and can be used to ground yourself to Mother Earth, and “release” all that negativity, and recharge yourself!  The Root Chakra color is red, other colors are brown, black and gray. It is the source of the Etheric layer of the aura, which is associated with awareness of the physical body, and physical survival. It is the layer closest to the body, and densest in texture. It can sometimes be seen as a sort of grayish “heat wave” 2-3 inches around the body. It anchors the aura to the physical body.

Gemstones:  Bloodstone, Hematite, Labodorite, Garnet, Ruby, Black Tourmaline, Onyx, Fire Agate, Star Ruby, Smoky Quartz, and Red Jasper

Illnesses: Constipation, Diarrhea, Urinary Tract Infections, Financial Problems, Cold Hands or Cold Feet, Irrational Fears, Kidney Stones

Physical: Bones, Teeth, Legs, Feet, Elimination Systems, Kidneys, Bladder, Blood

Essential Oils: Rosemary, Ylang-ylang, Frankincense, Myrrh, Benzoin, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Glands: Adrenal Glands

Effects:   Courage, Stability, Security, Financial Abundance, Easy Manifestation, Success in the Physical World, Physical Wellbeing, Grounding and Strong Survival Instinct

Root Chakra Healing Tattoo

So now that we know about what the root chakra deals with I want to share my experience with this amazing tattoo.  When I first put it on I just felt a lot of tingling energy in the area where I placed the tattoo.  I felt like a cool rush of energy was circling my lower back.  It continued like this for a few hours after I put it on.  I also had feelings of energy moving up the center of my back.  Since I knew that this chakra was a area of concern for me, I also made sure to incorporate grounding exercises along with using this tattoo just for my own personal benefit.  Every day I made sure to take some time to go outside and just stand in the grass and imagine that I had roots coming from my feet into the ground.

I also noticed that I just felt more at easy.  Sometime I  feel very anxious during the day and I noticed I did not really feel like that.  I was very relaxed.  I also so saw a lot of red cardinals when every I would go outside do my grounding exercises.  I am the type of person that takes note of things that I see in my surrounds because I feel it is my subconscious mind's way of speaking to me.  Red cardinals symbolically are said to represent areas in our life where we need to believe in our self and be more confidant.  This deals directly with the root chakra and it is something that I have been working on in my life.  So the red cardinals were a very fitting symbol while wearing this tattoo.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience with the root chakra tattoo.  I think it will be one that use more often.  I will using the the Sacral Chakra tattoo next.  So I look forward to sharing the insight I receive again. 

Lotus

Popular Posts